NG weather dependent; tech indicators indicate sell; fundamentals indicate a slight rally ahead of the weekly inventory numbers. Oil looking good on positive global cues overall.
I will post my strategy dynamically.
WTI Crude oil Nov Fut:
- 10.05 am– 3095 –buy for a 7 to 8 point gain till 10.45 am/ 11.00 am
- 800 was the lot size; i.e., 8 bbl of wti crude.
- Buy @ 3095, exit at 3098; profit– 1076
- Re enter crude trade @ 3097 buy; exit @ 3115
Total profit – 1076+ 13889 = 14,965
10.44 am and my initial prediction of 6 to 7 point gain held true. Moral: Do not exit so quickly, trust the 30 min charts and the 15 min charts and stick to it.
- Crude now at 3112; Exit at 3015
20 point gain since that time I had predicted , so I am sticking to my prediction for the hour. Why? The technicals indicate so on the 1, 5, 30 and 60 min charts
- Time: 10.50 am; wait until 11.00 am to see a further 5 point uptake from here. Or exit at 3018 if I cant handle the volatility. At this point and looking at the charts, I see a rise suddenly above 3020. I will exit at 3015.
- buy @ around 3010 levels when it comes there again! Else too, be satisfied with the profits taken. Crude looks really promising today, so enter again at 3112 levels for another 10 to 12 point gain. Keep booking at every 5 points today.
Why is crude so promising today? Because of the positive worldwide oil cues, in combination with the technical indicators.
- Exit at 3117 — profit = 3,503
14,965 + 3,503 = 18,468
- Reenter @ 3120 to see a further 15 point upswing. Looking at the trend now, exited at 3128 .
= 18,468 + 5,901 = 24, 369
Natural Gas Nov Fut:
11 lots x 1250 = 13,375
All the technical indicators now point to a drop in NG.
- Time 1.14 pm. Sell @ 184.20 to realise a .50 point profit. I predict that it can fall any moment now. Will wait and watch for the next 45 to 60 min min to see any movement. SL @ 185
- Time 2.09 pm – Exit at 183.20
Profit made = 13,231 rs
= 24, 369 + 13,231 = 37,600 rs